This is a blog about money, not business per say but the two go hand in hand. While browsing old files I noticed something interesting – notes I took about a few pieces of business wisdom.
You see, shortly after my affiliate adventures, along with a friend we started a business website. During that time I was trying to get my hands on as much great information as possible in order to succeed.
Well… the business has failed for now. It’s on a back-burner until further notice. However, this advice I came across is excellent and I’d like to share it with you:
- Ignore the real world.
- Learn from success.
- Don’t plan into the future, because the future is out of control.
- Big is not always good. Find the right company size.
- Don’t overwork. Use intellect not brute force.
- Be a starter.
- Pursue a purposeful idea.
- Make something you want to use.
- Time is not an excuse, or lack of it.
- Stand for something.
- Don’t take on any funds unless you absolutely have to.
- Be frugal.
- Have a commitment strategy, not an exit strategy.
- Stay agile, be ready to adjust lightning quick.
- Keep features to minimum.
- Do the stuff you have to do first.
- Decide and move forward. Never put off for later.
- Look for essentials and streamline your processes.
I can’t remember where I found it – but the information lit a light bulb in my head at the time. If I can figure out where this came from I’ll be sure to update this post as soon as possible.
Notice #9. I can’t believe this is something I’ve been blaming for the last half a year! Wow, this may just change the course of my life.
When I think of wisdom now, this photo taken on a recent trip to Arizona comes to mind: