Hey everyone! I hope everyone has had a great week and is ready for the weekend. I suppose you could judge my mood this week by the types of posts I wrote: “How to Get Out of Unemployment Depression.” Other than continuously looking for work with my bf I am actually feeling great!
The blog has had a decent amount of growth in the last 14 days, you can see all of the stats below. Some people have been enjoying looking at Pelican on Money’s stats so I’ll continue sharing them here until nobody gives a hoot J. Speaking of hoots, if you aren’t using HootSuite yet, I highly recommend it! It will make your life so much easier. Here is a little breakdown of recent stats:
Pelican on Money Visitor Overview Sept. 20, 2012 – Oct. 4, 2012
- Unique Visitors: 1,212
- Pageviews: 2,818
- Pages per Visit: 1.87 (hey, almost 2! Haha)
- Average Visit Duration: 2 minutes
You can see the “waves” of visitors every Wednesday as Jeremy mention this blog:
Notice how many of the visits are from referral links (that’s you guys and gals!) Thank you!
And the top 10 keywords were:
40 (not provided) hmmm, I wonder what those are?
Karl at Cult of Money hosted Carnival of Financial Planning today and was kind enough to include my post! There are a lot of great posts there so if you have extra time be sure to check out the list at Cult of Money.
Yakezie Challenge Update
I’m sure by now you all know what Yakezie challenge is. You basically make a commitment at providing quality posts every week and to grow your blog by lowering your Alexa rank.
When I first started the challenge on September 12 (20 days ago) Pelican on Money’s Alexa rank was 754,321 (missing a 6 for a straight flush?) Today that number is 360,100. Although I’m quite certain I won’t be able to beat David’s one month record (wow, give it up for Young Adult Money!) I’m confident that things are going in the right direction.
Many of you joined last week’s giveaway and I’m really happy that you did! Today is a busy day so I’m going to announce winners tomorrow, please stay tuned.
Missing SEO Thursday Post
You may have noticed there was no SEO Thursday post, and if you were looking forward to that I sincerely apologize. Wednesday night someone had erased my mind and for the life of me I couldn’t think of what advice to give to those who look forward to the SEO series.
To be honest, sometimes after reading Jeremy’s Wednesday blogger growth series I am stunned at the quality of information he delivers, which often leaves me blank for the next day. There are thousands of subjects in SEO I could go over, but most of them have already been written about in great detail on other posts and I’m sure you’re busy as heck as it is.
Going forward, if there is a subject that I feel you may be able to benefit from with minimal amount of work, I will be sure to cover it. Otherwise, expect to see more posts from Amy on Thursdays. Speaking of Amy, what do you think of her posts?
Favorite Posts this Week
I know this list looks like a lot (maybe even copy/pasted randomly) but I swear, these were my favorite posts out of about 80+ I read over the week (not including today).
- Carnival Cruise Price Protection Saved Me $160 by Lance
- How Blogging Helped Land A Sweet Job by Jeremy
- Should I Invest in Dividend Stocks Now? by Barb
- Buying a Lottery Ticket Isn’t as Stupid as You Think by Prairie Eco-Thrifter
- Working as an Employee and Making the Best of It by Holly
- How to Manage and Prioritize Your Time Better by David
- The Rise of the Female Trader by Jason
- ‘Tis the Season to Save 50% of Your Income by Kraig
- How We Saved Hundreds of Dollars on Coffee by David
- Nailing the Transitions – Married (with Debt) via Yakezie by John
- An Afternoon of Fun For Only $5 by Justin
- I Will Now Cease Any and All Complaining by Travis
- Teaching Your Kids Self-Discipline by Dr. Craig R. Everett
Are any of the posts above on your favorites list this week?